Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#249936 - 19/02/2005 22:05 tRio: can't get past "Connecting to Server"
scrape
new poster

Good day... I have a problem with getting tRio running; namely, I can't get past the message "Connecting to Server" on my Dell Digital Audio Receiver.

Software Setup:
. tRio-0.1.6
. JReceiver-0.2.5
. Sun's Java 1.4.2-01 (Blackdown)
. Debian GNU/Linux 'sarge' (testing)

Hardware Setup:
. 2x Dell Digital Audio Receivers in different rooms
. Old Linksys 5-port hub
. Server is a 333MHz K6-2 with two NICs: subnet 192.168.0.0/24 is my normal 10/100 home network, and subnet 192.168.1.0/24 is the 10Mbps subnet for the Rio receivers; this is what the hub is plugged into.

My JReceiver setup has been working fine with RioPlay. Today, I decided to try installing tRio. As you can see, not completely successful!

I'm pretty sure that DHCP and NFS are both working properly (since I had RioPlay working fine), and I do get the tRio boot screen, so obviously it mounts the /tftpboot/riot. If I don't start the trio server, the client will sit at "Finding tRio Server" (which it should). As soon as I start the trio server, it will switch to "Connecting to Server", so that's a good sign. It never gets beyond there, however.

Another good sign, I figure, is that I can use the tRio web interface to reboot and power off the receivers, and trio server knows their IP addresses and MAC addresses.

I'll attach what I figure are the applicable logs. Let me know if I need to give more debugging output.

Attachments
249278-logs (447 downloads)

#249937 - 20/02/2005 18:41 Re: tRio: can't get past "Connecting to Server" [Re: scrape]
pauln
enthusiast

Loc: UK
I've had a look through your log files and the only thing that seems at all unusual is the HeadlessException, but that looks like it's from a previous run. How did you solve this?

The other thing is that I've never tried it with the blackdown jvm. I'd give it a try with the latest 1.4.2_07 jvm from the Sun website. That will allow us to rule blackdown out as a cause of the problem.

Cheers
Paul

#249938 - 20/02/2005 18:45 Re: tRio: can't get past "Connecting to Server" [Re: pauln]
scrape
new poster

I'll head over to Sun for the JVM. As far as the HeadlessException, I never did resolve that... it happens every time I start up the server, but it doesn't appear to cause the server to halt. I assumed it had to do with the fact that I'm running trio on a console-only machine.

#249939 - 20/02/2005 19:02 Re: tRio: can't get past "Connecting to Server" [Re: scrape]
scrape
new poster

"Haaaaaaallelujah... Haaaaallelujah... Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Halleluuuuujah!"

(Couldn't you just hear the Hallelujah chorus there?)

Ok, we have a working tRio setup for the moment... I haven't yet tried actually playing anything yet, but I'm past "Connecting to Server", so we're getting better! I'll keep you posted!

Thanks!

#249940 - 21/02/2005 00:54 Re: tRio: can't get past "Connecting to Server" [Re: scrape]
scrape
new poster

Alright! It all seems to work... now I've just got to work out a few issues w/ tags on my Ogg Vorbis files and possibly file names... but other than that everything seems to work!